Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sunset in Nusa Lembongan (may 2009)










Nusa Lembongan, Bali, May 2009

The last time I wrote was in June when I was visiting Indonesia. Much has happened since then, and I have always wanted to finish off the story of Bali, before I write about what happened in summer 2009, or my recent trip to San Francisco to start an MA in Integral Theory (a kind of holistic psychology/philosophy), or how I’ve ended up back in Holland.

For those that have never received these emails before, I want to say hi, and say that I write because I enjoy sharing the stories of travelling from my perspective. Some of you have been with me for years and have followed my journeys from the days I first went around the world, and hopefully in some way, the stories have inspired you in some way to grab life by the tail and go out there and live it, or to open up and see things in a different way. Never be too afraid to try things, go out there, connect and share with others, explore what it means to be alive what it means to be human.

Trying to find the right words, trying to find the right feelings to convey without the heaviness of too much emotion or being too flat yet being true to the story, is hard and is often personal, and that’s what makes these journey’s to me special, because I write them for me. Well in early summer this year, I did travel to beautiful island called Nusa Lembongan with a beautiful young lady friend, Wimmy:

For a short time, all our troubles and lives were left behind on an island of simplicity and tranquillity, to share a beautiful time together. When people ask, what is the most precious gift you can ever receive from someone, I say more than anything, it is quality time together to share. This is what we had on the island, dipping our toes in warm tropical waters, watching sunsets on a sandy beach, having fun, just living in the moment, relaxing, getting up at night to watch shooting stars fall from the night sky. It was if, in those moments, time seemed to pass slowly, just appreciating each moment as it was, reflecting on the beautiful surroundings. It was a special weekend, for me a dip of the toe of what love and sharing love between two people feels like again, but with all moments, they never last, and what remains are happy memories, and a continued friendship... tbc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6osGF3RVc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment