Thursday, October 29, 2009

Adventure In Nusa Lembongan



















Adventure in Nusa Lembengon.... May 2009

A clear bright morning sky on a tropical Indonesian island, what more could you desire from being in Nature. The place: Nusa Lembongan, is a small island off Bali, a much quieter and basic way of living than it’s larger touristy neighbour. Here the locals farm seaweed and live a simple life, and it shows. It shows in their contentment and in the simple ways of living, that is alien to us “advanced” westerners. My companion: Wimmy a lovely Javanese girl I met in Holland earlier in the year. From our little chalet, not much disturbed the melodic sound of the ocean through the night, and not much obscured our view of star watching the night before.

In the morning soon after breakfast, we went snorkelling. A brave move if you have a dialysis catheter embedded into your belly. So with copious amounts of tape, I believed I would be ok. We set out on a little fishing boat to the far north side of the island next to the coral reefs and mangroves. The water was a stunning turquoise colour, both warm and inviting. It felt amazing and free to be able to snorkel again - the first time, after kidney failure. Beautiful to see the world under the ocean again: corals reefs, shells, tropical fish. It was another world, and funnily enough, it was Wimmy’s first time snorkelling - as she tells me as she breathes in a load of water through the snorkel.

We hired a moped in the afternoon and went about exploring the rest of the island, passing the stormy beautiful beaches of the northern shore. Somehow we crossed the bridge onto Ceningan island, and took a route up the mountain cutting through dirt roads and farm houses, culminating to a beautiful vista overlooking the ocean. There we sat for a while, just listening to the waves crash against the cliff face. It was peaceful, a moment that still stands out in my mind eye. It was there I felt was the right place to initiate Wimmy with Reiki.

It was a beautiful day, that words do no justice to describe. The feelings we felt on that day, the moments we shared, personal yet touching without words. Sometimes I think back on those moments on the island of how things were and how things turned out...yet still, I would never want to change the way things were...perfect as it was at the time...

So what happened? Well, it’s a long story... Best told by a song that so reminds me of the memories of the moment.. (Maria Mena – Calm under the waves - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-5l_Xh3Mwg )

Soon after flying back to Jakarta, I left to go to Dubai and return home. She asked if I could stay, I could not because of my medical supplies. Sad, but that’s how fate weaves it’s web, sometimes to bring people together for a brief time so they can share and learn from each other. I will always remember the positiveness of this young girl, and how she has inspired me to open up and be positive no-matter what the situation prevails.

What happened to Wimmy? Well, when I left, she entered the Jakarta Miss Tourism Ambassador “beauty pagent”. A few weeks later she won the regional round, a month later she won the national round. So now, she’s pretty much a celebrity with her name and face known nationwide in Indonesia. I always knew from the first moment I met her, that she was someone special. It was her emotional intelligence that set her apart. Deep down we felt this connection instantly, a feeling for once of knowing, for me, I was not alone in coming here – a feeling of oneness perhaps in some way from the same “soul family”. For me, it took a lot heartache and endurance of facing ego to let her go. She is the one person this year that has changed my life completely, for the spiritual lessons that I’ve learnt from out time together. I am grateful for our time together from how we’ve been able to inspire each other, but I understand now, more than ever, that, Love really is understanding that we all need to be free, but to also share in what we may learn from each other.

Wimmy’s Blog: http://www.happywimmy.blogspot.com (this is where you see our blog entries cross)

No comments:

Post a Comment